- A Google account is needed to publish your Android app. If you do not have a Google account yet, please sign up for one.
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project and create a project if you do not have one yet. To do this, click on "Create Project".
- This will open a small window where you can enter the Project Name and Project ID of your app. Do not forget to agree to the “Terms of Service” for the Google Cloud Platform. Click "Create" to proceed.
You will be brought back to the "Projects" page of the Developers Console where you can select the Project Name you want to use.
- You can now create the Android Key for your Android application by following the steps below:
c. Click “Credentials” in the navigation pane and create a new key for public API access. A pop-up window will show where you can click on a button to create an Android key.
e. Copy the key generated in the eDirectory App Builder located in Site Manager to the Android key form and click "Create".
f. The API key will be generated and you can now copy and paste it in the app builder form. After that, you can click the “Start Build” Button.
- Once you click on the "Start Build" button, the build engine will process your Android application. Once it’s done processing, you can click the “DOWNLOAD ANDROID APK” button to download the .APK file that will be used to publish the Android app.
After downloading the APK file, you may now sign up for publishing.
- Go to http://market.android.com/publish and login using your existing Google account. Android charges an annual fee of US $25.00, which needs to be paid in order to submit apps to the Android Market.
- After signing up, you can now proceed with publishing the app. The steps in publishing the app are listed below:
b. Enter the Title of the app and upload its .APK file by clicking on "Upload APK".
Next, click on "Upload your first APK to Production" and browse for the file:
c. Click on 'Store Listing' and enter the details for your Android application. Just follow the steps written in the form and complete the required details.
d. Proceed to “Pricing & Distribution”. Select the options you prefer and save it afterwards.
e. After saving, the Android app will be ready for publishing. Just click on the drop-down menu found at the upper-right corner and click on “Publish this app”.