What is a domain name?
What is a DNS (Domain Name Server)?
WHAT IS A WEB HOSTING SERVER?
To configure your DNS you must have an access to your DOMAIN MANAGER. This is a module that differs for every domain provider. Lists of instructions are listed below to access some of the known domain providers.
Upon accessing your domain manager you may input the following DNS server address:
IMPORTANT: AFTER MAKING THOSE CHANGES ABOVE, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com informing us your new domain name.
If your domain name is registered with godaddy, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it.
- Log in to your Account Manager
- Next to Domain, click Launch
- Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
- From the Nameservers menu, select Set Nameservers
- Under Setup Type, select Custom
- Select Add Nameservers
- Add the first two nameservers we provided you, then click Add Nameserver to add the other two nameservers (there are 4 total)
- Click Save
If your domain name is registered with Moniker, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it. In the menu DOMAINS you find several options for the management of your domains.
- All Domains provides you with a total view of all your domains. The list enables you to configure your domains.
- External Domains: These domains are registered with another provider but they are configured via our system using Moniker’s nameservers.
- If dd24 is participating in the launch of a new TLD you can manage your Pre-registrations of desired domain names here. We can't guarantee for the successful registration of a domain on its launch date.
- Following the option Renew/Delete Domains you can directly change the renewal mode of your domain(s).
- By clicking on “Your nameservers” you are forwarded to a list of all your domains with the possibility to directly change the nameserver settings.
- The symbol Modify your own nameservers indicates that your are using your own nameservers for this domain. By clicking on the link you can enter new nameservers, switch to a new own set or switch to the dd24 nameservers.
- The symbol Modify your own nameservers indicates that you are using the dd24 nameservers and their configuration for this domain. You can use this option as well to enter or register your own nameservers.
If your domain name is registered with Network Solutions, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it.
- Within Account Manager, select My Domain Names
- Select the domain name you want to change and select Manage
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points
- Select Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Under Specify Domain Name Servers section, type in Name Server 1 and Name Server 2. To enter additional Domain Name Servers, click on the Add More Name Servers link. To use all Network Solutions® name servers, click on See More icon to the right of the name server boxes and select Network Solutions Name Servers.
- Select Continue, then Apply Changes to accept changes.
Propagation period is the time it takes for the domain name’s DNS to be recognized on the various Domain Name Servers across the world.
You may check the propagation of your domain by using a third party application located at this URL: https://www.whatsmydns.net/
Simply input your domain name and click on the search button with this you can verify if your domain has already been propagated on most of the known domain name server. See image below: