- Your email’s username.
- Your email’s password.
- Your outgoing server name.
- Send mail transfer protocol (SMTP) port number.
Once all the details have been entered, click on the TEST SMTP SERVER CONNECTION button to test.
A message will prompt confirming the said connection. Simply click on the SAVE CONFIGURATION option to save details.
1. It is always an option to use SSL connection but TLS is preferred for security reasons. As an additional explanation SSL/TLS are protocols that are use to provide security for any communications over the internet. This allows data / message confidentiality, integrity and authentication. This means that any electronic email, instant messaging, web browsing or voice-over-IP that uses various versions of these protocols is assured of forward secrecy. SSL (secure socket layer) is the predecessor of TLS (transport layer security) although both protocols are still being used TLS is much updated with version 1.2 which was updated in 2008 while the latest SSL version 3.0 was updated in 1996.
2. If email is generated from cPanel, username is often the same as the email address. Always input the full email address as username (For cPanel).
3. For email creation using cPanel please check document title “cPanel - Creating an Email Account”. This file can be requested and available on our repositories.