If you choose to work with Stripe, you’ll be able to offer one-time payments or subscriptions, and trial incentives.
This means that as a site manager, you have a choice regarding the way your sponsors pay. They will either have to enter a new payment through the sponsor’s billing interface at the end of every billing cycle, or they may be able to subscribe and have an automatic recurring payment. With trial incentives, you can offer deals such as ‘Sign up now and get the first month free’ etc.
Remember – the Site Manager now gives you the option of offering monthly or yearly subscriptions for each module and level too!
Stage 1: Get the Stripe APIBefore enabling Stripe on eDirectory, you need to get the API from the Stripe website.
Stripe website > Create account > Sign in > Your account > Account settings > API Keys
1. Go to the Stripe website here.
2. Create an account.
3. You may need to access your email to confirm your account and click a link to sign in to the Stripe dashboard.
4. Select Your account and then Account settings from the drop down menu.
5. Click on the API Key tab.
6. There are four keys to choose from. You will need Stripe to be live, so copy the Live Secret Key.
Now that you have the Stripe API, you are ready to enable Stripe on eDirectory.
Stage 2: Enable Stripe on eDirectory
Site Manager > Configuration > Manage Levels & Pricing > Payment Gateways > Enable Stripe
- Log into the Site Manager, and open the Configuration tab.
- Select Manage Levels & Pricing from the submenu.
- Click on Payment Gateways.
- Check the Enable Stripe box.
5. Paste the Stripe API into the API Key field.
6. Save your changes.
Stage 3: Configure the webhook URLA webhook URL is needed so items paid by subscription can be renewed on eDirectory.
Stripe > Your account > Account settings > Webhooks > +Add endpoint
- Sign in to Stripe
- Select Your account and then Account settings from the drop down menu.
- Open on the Webhooks tab.
- Click on +Add endpoint.
5. In the URL field, enter [user domain]/sponsors/billing/stripe_webhook.php with your directory’s domain in the brackets.
6. The Mode drop down menu needs to be set to Live.
7. Click the Select events button.
8. Scroll down the drop down list to invoice.payment_succeeded and check its box.
9. Click on Create endpoint, then on Done to exit.
When you’re all set up, you’ll be able to view your plans and coupons in Stripe. Then you’ll be on your way!
Plans and Coupons
Plans look like this.
Coupons (discount codes) look like this.
Any Questions? Click here if you have questions on how to setup your Stripe account on eDirectory.
- How to Configure Item Renewals & Payment Gateways
- What payment gateways are supported / how do I configure them?
- How to implement a new payment gateway
- What if my payment gateway is not supported?
- What is Recurring Billing?