When you are ready to go live, you will need to change your DNS information from the domain registrar account where you manage your domains. You may find different interfaces depending on the domain registrar (for example GoDaddy, Moniker, Network Solutions, or a host of others) but most of them allow you to make this change fairly easily.
You need to change the DNS records to:
Attention: This change is not automatic. When you make the changes on your end, please send an email to support and tell us which domain you will use. We will make the remaining changes from our end and let you know as soon as the site is live.
If you are not going to host your emails with us and wish to continue hosting your emails with a different provider (for example GoDaddy, Google, Zoho, etc.) changing the DNS settings will break your emails. For this reason, if you are not going to host your emails with eDirectory please change your A Record to 220.127.116.11. For more specific instructions, please check here.
Attention: Domain changes may take 24 hours to propagate throughout the Internet. You may have to clear your browser cache to see the changes.
Here are some instructions on setting name servers for various providers:
If you domain name is registered with godaddy, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it.
- Log in to your Account Manager
- Next to Domain, click Launch
- Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
- From the Nameservers menu, select Set Nameservers
- Under Setup Type, select Custom
- Select Add Nameservers
- Add the first two nameservers we provided you, then click Add Nameserver to add the other two nameservers (there are 4 total)
- Click Save
If you domain name is registered with Moniker, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it.
In the menu DOMAINS you find several options for the management of your domains.
- All Domains provides you with a total view of all your domains. The list enables you to configure your domains.
- External Domains: These domains are registered with another provider but they are configured via our system using Moniker’s nameservers.
- If dd24 is participating in the launch of a new TLD you can manage your Pre-registrations of desired domain names here. We can't guarantee for the successful registration of a domain on its launch date.
- Following the option Renew/Delete Domains you can directly change the renewal mode of your domain(s).
- By clicking on “Your nameservers” you are forwarded to a list of all your domains with the possibility to directly change the nameserver settings.
- The symbol Modify your own nameservers indicates that your are using your own nameservers for this domain. By clicking on the link you can enter new nameservers, switch to a new own set or switch to the dd24 nameservers.
- The symbol Modify your own nameservers indicates that you are using the dd24 nameservers and their configuration for this domain. You can use this option as well to enter or register your own nameservers.
If you domain name is registered with Network Solutions, use the following instructions to set custom nameservers for it.
- Within Account Manager, select My Domain Names
- Select the domain name you want to change and select Manage
- In the green box, select Change Where Domain Points
- Select Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Under Specify Domain Name Servers section, type in Name Server 1 and Name Server 2. To enter additional Domain Name Servers, click on the Add More Name Servers link. To use all Network Solutions® name servers, click on See More icon to the right of the name server boxes and select Network Solutions Name Servers.
- Select Continue, then Apply Changes to accept changes