This article is specifically for clients that host emails with Gmail and intend to use it as the official email to send and receive notifications from their directory website. If you do not intend on using Gmail to send and receive emails from your directory, click on the link to follow the video tutorial on How to Setup Your E-mail.
1. Upon logging on as Site Manager, select Configuration on the left hand side of the screen.
2. Once you open Configuration, click on E-mail Sending Configuration.
3. Fill out the E-Mail Sending Configuration page accordingly:
Select the following: The server above requires secure authentication (TLS/SSL)
Type in the following for either: the TLS Port- 587 or for the SSL Port- 465
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Username: Repeat your email address
Password: If you HAVE 2-Step Verification enabled and you need to see how to generate the password in the Google account, SEE GOOGLE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. If you do NOT have Google 2-Step Verification, you can use your Gmail password.
4. If you have 2-Step Verification, paste your Google-generated App Password into the password box on Site Manager's E-mail Sending Configuration.
5. Select "Click here to test the SMTP server connection."
6. Finally, click Save Configuration.
NOTE: To generate your app password, you will need to login to Google in a new window.
1. First, sign in to your Google account.
2. Once you have signed in, move your cursor to the top right corner of the screen to your picture and click My Account in blue.
3. At the Sign-in & Security tab, select Signing in to Google.
4. Once your 2-Step Verification is ON, click on the App Passwords tab.
5. Click Select App and chose Other in the drop down box.
6. You will then be prompted to name your app that the password is being created for. For example, use "My Directory" as a name. Then, click Generate.
7. Finally, your app password will be generated. Copy this password to paste on the Site Manager's E-mail Sending Configuration page.