Attention: For this process to work you need to have the SSL certificate installed on your site. The certificate is required by companies such as Google and Facebook and it's a global standard to guarantee the connection's security. You can acquire the certificate here.
You can allow your visitors to sign up as members or sponsors using their Facebook accounts. To enable this feature, the first thing you need to do is create an App on the Facebook Developers platform. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/
2. On the top right corner, click on "Log in". If you’re already logged on to Facebook, go to step 4.
3. Type your Facebook credentials and click on Log in.
4. On the top right corner, click on the option My Apps.
5. Click on Create App button. On Select an app type, choose the Consumer option. Then, type your App Name in the field Add an app name. This could be your site name.
6. The field App contact email will be filled automatically with the main contact email from your Facebook account. You can change it if you want.
7. Click on Create app.
8. You’ll be redirected to your App Dashboard.
9. Next, click on the option Settings > Basic.
10. Take note of your App ID and App secret. You’ll need those on step 24.
11. Type the remaining information and details about your App. Do not hit Save changes before step 12.
Namespace: this field is optional
App Domains: type here the domain of your website.
User data detection: type here your Contact us page URL.
Upload an icon for your app: this field is optional and can be done later.
12. Click on Add Platform.
13. Select the option Website.
14. Type your site URL, including the protocol (http:// or https://). It should match the domain from step 12. 2. Then hit Save Changes.
15. On the Add a Products section, click on Add Product.
16. Click on the button Set up from the Facebook Login box.
17. On the next screen, click on the option Web.
18. Confirm your site URL, hit Save, and then Continue.
19. On the next screen, you can keep the next steps. Click on Settings.
20. On the field “Valid OAuth redirect URIs”, type all variants of your domain URL as follows:
Make sure to include the part in bold.
Note: From March 2018, Facebook started requiring that all redirect URIs be secure, i.e, to include https.
Hit Save Changes.
21. Now, on the Warning message at the top o the page, click on Get Advanced Access.
22. Now, it is necessary to Get advanced access to public_profile and email options.
23. Change the App Mode switch to Live.
24. Go back to your eDirectory sitemgr at the Settings tab > Sign in options and enter the App ID and App Secret copied on step 10. Click on Save Changes.
25. After the page reloads, you can test your App by clicking on Click here.
26. If everything is ok, you’ll be redirected to the Facebook confirmation page. Log in to your Facebook if needed, and then click on the “Continue as …” button.
27. After that, you’ll be redirected back to eDirectory site manager, and the field Facebook User ID will be filled in automatically. Hit “Save Changes” again.
That’s it! Your Facebook App is created and from now on your visitors will be able to easily sign up using their Facebook account.