View categories page
- Login to your site manager account
- Point your mouse over the module you want to view the category list, then when a pop up appears, click the “Categories”
- You will be redirected to the categories page where you can add, edit, or disable or manage a category. You will also see the table where the categories information is shown.
- To add a category, select the “Add” option on the tab.
- You will be redirected the Category information page where you can add the data for the category you want to create. Below are the fields available for the category information:
- Featured – Check this box if you want the category to show on the frontend of your site.
- Disable Category – Check this box if you do not want the category to be used or viewed on your site. You may enable it by unchecking the box.
- Title – This is the name of the category that will be displayed on your site.
- Keywords for the search - Words that are entered on this field are used to add keywords for the category when searched on the frontend of the site.
This field is used for the Search Engine Optimization. The “Page Title” and “Friendly Title” is created automatically by the system but you have the option to add the “Meta Description” and “Meta Keywords”. These fields will be visible to search engines and will help improve the search results ranking of your site.
The last one is the Content field area. This area allows you to add additional content for your category such as images, links, and formatted text. The contents are added using the WYSISYG editor. This content will be displayed on the top page of the category search.
- The last step is to click “Submit”.
The site manager has the option to choose which of the categories will be featured. Featured categories are the items displayed on the browse by category on the home page.
- To configure the featured categories, click the “Featured” on the tab.
- You will be redirected to the featured categories page. The checked items are the ones that are featured while the unchecked are not. You may change the featured status by checking or unchecking the box.
- Click “Save” to save the changes.
The disabled categories are the category items that will not be displayed on the site and can’t be used as a category on any module.
- To view the disabled categories, click “Disabled” on the tab.
- You will be redirected to a page of all the disabled categories.