Google Analytics Universal is set to stop measuring data on July 1st, 2023
, and Google is requesting customers to move from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4
property. The most recent version of eDirectory 13.2
is compatible with Analytics 4, and it can be configured directly on the site using the instructions from this article: How do I configure Google Analytics?
However, previous versions of eDirectory (versions 13.1 and under) are not compatible with Analytics 4 native configuration in the site.
As seen in the screenshot above, previous versions display the default Universal Analytics API format (UA-2623236-1) in eDirectory's native configuration, indicating that it is only compatible with Universal Analytics and not Analytics 4.
In order to install Google Analytics 4 in previous versions, the native configuration will not be used, but a Google Tag Manager account will be necessary. Please, follow the instructions below:
Note: Perform Google Tag Manager configuration up to step number 9 of the abovementioned article.
Create a New Google Analytics 4 property, and copy the measurement ID
to use on the next steps. You can find instructions on how to do this on this article: How do I configure Google Analytics?
Note: Perform Google Analytics 4 configuration up to step number 8 of the abovementioned article.
3. Create a Tag under your Google Tag Manager account. Click on Tags → New.
4) Click on the "Tag Configuration".
5) Choose the option "Google Analytics: GA4 configuration":
6) Add the Analytics 4 container ID created on step 2 of this article:
7) Click on "Triggering", select "All pages", and click on "Save"
8) After creating your tag, every change needs to be submitted to the website. Do not forget to click on the Submit button, otherwise the changes will not be displayed.
9) Add a name, a short description, and hit "Publish"
10) After publishing the tag, you should see the message that the tag is live on your site.