3) Choose the name of your account. You can name after your company.
4) Then on the "Container name", insert your website in this format: www.test.com, select "Web", and click on "Create".
Notice: Replace "test" with your site domain.
Notice: In order to configure Google Tag Manager, first it is needed to have a live domain (URL) connected to your site. If you would like to change the domain of your website, contact our team on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) Check the box and click "Yes" to accept the terms of service and keep forward the process:
6) Two scripts will be displayed on the screen, just click on "Ok" button:
7) Click on "Admin" button.
8) Copy the code displayed. The GTM-XXX code is your Google Tag Manager Container ID.
9) Now, go back to your eDirectory website, access your site manager → Settings → Google Integrations → Google Tag Manager. Insert the code, click on "Enable Google Tag Manager", and click to save changes.
After these steps, Google Tag Manager is already configured correctly on your site. Below, you can find instructions on how to configure scripts on your Google Tag Manager Account to reflect in all the pages of your website.
Configuring Tags (scripts) in your Google Tag Manager account
1) It is possible to add any tags you want, also, the Tag manager itself suggests some tags for you to add on your site. At your overview / home page screen select Tags → New.
2) Click on the "Tag Configuration".
3) You can choose an existing tag or create a customized one.
4) In order to create a customized tag, click on "Custom HTML"
5) Name your tag, add the script to the HTML field, click on the "Triggering" option, select "All pages", and hit "Save".
6) After creating your tag, every change needs to be submitted to the website. Do not forget to click on the Submit button, otherwise the changes will not be displayed.
7) Add a name, a short description, and hit "Publish"
8) After publishing the tag, you should see the message that the tag is live on your site.