System Requirements: What do I need to run eDirectory on my server?
Modified on: Sat, 20 Jun, 2020 at 1:57 PM
If you own the source license of eDirectory, you have the option to self-host the website on your own server. However, there are a few considerations that you need to keep in mind:
We automatically install the website on our own servers so that you can get started right away. However, if you want to self-host the website on your own server, extra time will be required to transfer the website to your server and configure the system requirements. For this reason, we recommend you to take this extra time into consideration when you're planning the launch date of your website.
Delays of the launch are often caused by the following reasons:
1. Server access information is incorrect.
2. Server access does not have all the permissions required. We require root permission to transfer the website.
3. The server does not meet all the hardware requirements
4. The base configuration is missing key modules or libraries (listed in the requirements below)
5. Only web-based Panel access is given (cPanel or Plesk). We can only proceed with root access.
6. Different software is installed on the same server which creates a potential conflict with the eDirectory requirements. For this reason, we recommend setting up a clean server exclusive for your eDirectory website.
The fastest and easiest way for the hosting transfer is to set up a clean server so that our team can migrate the website and set up the server requirements at the same time. We must be given proper credentials, root access and we recommend setting up a Linux based server.
The install can still be done with web-based Panel access, but that restricts the upload of the software and root-level configuration changes are generally not permitted with Cpanel access. For this reason, Cpanel access is known to cause lots of delays and therefore not recommended.
Clients may perform the installation themselves, and we provide a Guide (attached) with detailed instructions for the install. However, this process can be very complicated for non-tech users who are not familiar with the program and some specific knowledge will be required. For this reason, we recommend that the migration is always performed by our team to avoid these complications and consequent delays.
Your eDirectory system runs within a Linux environment, and must have the following basic system requirements:
- Apache (2.2 or 2.4) with mod-rewrite enabled and env module
- Mysql 5.6 OR MariaDB (10.0.27 or 10.1)
- PHP 7.1
(Note: If you are using an older version of eDirectory below version 11.5 then you must use PHP 5.6)
PHP standard libraries + additional libraries: mcrypt, gd, intl, mbstring, pdo, pdo_mysql, exif, apcu/apc. Note: gd library should include webp functions.
- cURL enabled
- JSON needs to be enabled
- Set on php.ini:
- Safemode Disabled
- Openbase_dir Disabled
- Open_short_tag must be "ON"
- Ability to setup at least 11 cron jobs
- Elasticsearch 2.3.4 (Internal plugin of ours need to be installed along with the software)
If you want us assisting you with server installation and configuration, we will need root access through shell (SSH). Please check our server configuration package with our sales team.
For other versions, please check with eDirectory support.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.