If you choose to work with Stripe, you’ll be able to offer one-time payments or subscriptions, and trial incentives.
This means that as a site manager, you have a choice regarding the way your sponsors pay. They will either have to enter a new payment through the sponsor’s billing interface at the end of every billing cycle, or they may be able to subscribe and have an automatic recurring payment. With trial incentives, you can offer deals such as ‘Sign up now and get the first month free’ etc.
Remember – the Site Manager now gives you the option of offering monthly or yearly subscriptions for each module and level too!
Stage 1: Get the Stripe APIBefore enabling Stripe on eDirectory, you need to get the API from the Stripe website.
Stripe website > Create account > Sign in > Your account > Account settings > API Keys
1. Go to the Stripe website here.
2. Create an account.
3. You may need to access your email to confirm your account and click a link to sign in to the Stripe dashboard.
4. Select Your account and then Account settings from the drop down menu.
5. Click on the API Key tab.
6. There are four keys to choose from. You will need Stripe to be live, so copy the Live Secret Key.
Now that you have the Stripe API, you are ready to enable Stripe on eDirectory.
Stage 2: Enable Stripe on eDirectory
Site Manager > Configuration > Manage Levels & Pricing > Payment Gateways > Enable Stripe
- Log into the Site Manager, and open the Configuration tab.
- Select Manage Levels & Pricing from the submenu.
- Click on Payment Gateways.
- Check the Enable Stripe box.
5. Paste the Stripe API into the API Key field.
6. Save your changes.