A sitemap is responsible for mapping the content of your site in order to index it to a search engine. It is an XML file that contains all the pages and contents of the site. It is also updated daily on your eDirectory, so that when you update something, the search engine can see and index the most current information on your site.
Get step-by-step instructions for manually submitting your sitemaps to Google.
1. The first step is to get your domain verified. If you still have not verified your domain, please, follow these instructions: How to verify my domain on Google.
2. On your Site Manager, go to Promote → SEO Center → Webmaster tools:
3. Click on “Click here to go to sitemap index”:
4. Select and copy the part of your URL where it says: custom/domain_1/sitemap/index.xml
5. Access the Google Search Console property and click on Sitemaps from the menu on the left.
6. Paste it to where it says Add a new sitemap and click the Submit button.
Repeat this step more than once if it doesn't work out the first time. It is important to know that the sitemap configuration will only work if your content on your site, such as listings, categories, classifieds, events and etc.
If it returns a "Couldn't fetch" error just refresh the page and try again. If it returns any other error, please contact the support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org